I'm out of the fog, some wonderful things have happened for David and I and we couldn't be better. Work is super busy but with a relaxing homelife, I can focus on a few things that have been needing to get done. Enter, the 2012 bucket list:
- Plan our wedding at a local venue
- Vegas didn't work out
- Having a plan fall through took a lot out of me
- Now planning to pick a local location and start over, I have a few places in mind and just have to set it and get the ball rolling! It's overwhelming to think about but I can't take a looming unplanned wedding hanging over my head much longer I am so ready to make it happen!
- Hilton Garden Inn on Solomon's Island (Take pictures at AnnMarie Garden right down the street, and/or around on Solomon's Island <3). Catering and tables/linens from the hotel however I will have the opportunity to use my creative side for centerpeices and other wall/table decorations.
- Herrington on the Bay near Annapolis, MD. It is a beautiful place, and has an inn for guests to stay. They also offer discounts for a winter wedding (March).
- Celebrations at the Bay in the Chesapeake Ballroom. I love the windows overlooking the water. I also like that they provide EVERYTHING from catering to cake to tables, linens and decor... however this means they will be pricey!
- Fix up the condo
- Progress so far: new couch and coffee table from roomstore, new kitty tower, paint swatches hanging on the wall for 6 months, 2 new toilets (thanks dad!)
|Well at least someone is taken care of!|
- Main goals: paint, update kitchen (new stove & flooring), new computer desk, declutter
- Once the painting and the decluttering happens, I might actually be able to pick out some real design/decor peices---> my favorite part!!!
- Stay on our healthy path
- David has been hitting the gym with me regularly and it definitely shows (i like)
- I also have been staying pretty regular with working out (wooo go me this never happens!)
- Clean up eating habits, and drink less alcohol
- Do more outdoor activities. Going to the gym and running around the neighborhood only fulfills me so much, I need to get out in the woods for a hike! I would love to go white water rafting again! Also need more beach time!
June at a glance:
3rd-6th: I was in Salt Lake City, Utah for work. I had to present my negotiation position to a company (with my bosses and the VP of the company in the audience) to somehow convince them we should be paying $30 million less than they proposed. Eek! Talk about stress! I have been working so hard on putting the position together throughout May, and got myself so worked up leading up to the presentation (my hands were even sweating and shaking the whole drive to the airport!) But you know what, I got it done and it felt sooo good to have it over with (and even better to have my boss tell me I did a great job!) So oh well, the company didn't accept my position. I didn't expect them to, but we'll be working to come to agreement over the next month. Let the stress continue! Can I please have a vacation once this deal gets awarded?
9th-10th: Visiting Dan and Katie in Baltimore. I don't know what Dan has planned for us but I have no doubt it will be fun times! Dan is one of David's good friends from somd, but now lives in Columbia with his long-time gf Katie, and we have never visited them (when they used to live in Fells Point), so we are happy to be able to get up there to see them! I think the plan includes something about going out Saturday night and pool time and crab time on Sunday before we head home. Yea!
16th: Cathy and Jeff's wedding! Cathy works as a contract specialist (like me) on a different team, and Jeff is another long-time friend of David's. I am so happy for them! They are getting married at the Officer's Club on base, which is on the water next to a little beach- so it should be beautiful! Plus lots of other good friends will be there and it will be a great time!
17th: Christine's bridal shower. Christine and Avram are getting married this September, and they make such a cute couple. They just bought a georgeous home, and she is having her shower there. It's too bad that she is having it on Father's Day because I know some of our friends won't be able to make it (I'll get to celebrate with my Dad another weekend). Anyway, I am so happy for them and can't wait for cute little asian and ginger babies to follow! :)
30th: No Green Jelly Beans and Fireworks at the Hollywood VFD. Saw a flyer for a little carnival with fireworks and NGJB (great local cover band) is playing! Sounds like a good time, I want to go to kick off July 4th celebrations!
Well need to work in a trip to Baltimore for Father's Day celebration with my Daddy and also to see Baltimore friend's Ashley and Hugo and their new baby. Baby Ava should be coming anytime this month! I am so excited for them!
Well that is all for kicking off June and hopefully a new round of continuing blog updates! Til next time!