Saturday, December 19, 2009

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas...

Lookin like it's going to be a white blizzard Christmas!

Oh the weather outside is frightful....
But our condo is so delightful!


So let it snow!
Well I have been in the Christmas spirit since Thanksgiving and have been itching to post pictures of my little decorations. It's David and I's first Christmas together, and although I originally wanted to get my first real tree since I was a kid, but decided to keep it realtively small. David has been working like crazy, and I have been a little Chrismas baker and decorater!


Even my plants got decorated! The candle on the left is the centerpeice I made for the coffee table (thank you BHG inspirations). Just a bunch of silver beads and balls in a bowl we already had (was filled with stones a seashells before). I also really love lights and since we live in a condo with a balcony that no one would see, I decided to put them up inside! They really put off a nice light...
So David is off working despite the 10 inches of SNOW we got last night through today! He got picked up and may still be stuck there doing his elfly duties from 9AM to 8PM tonight! I have been snowed in alone! So I made some more cookies and snuck in some naps... just a good old lazy but lonely day.

For Christmas day, my parents are coming down to have dinner with us and David's parents at their house in Calvert County. We are going to have a nice family dinner and then also spend the night there. I was really excited that this was all David's idea to invite my parents down in the first place. It is hard for us to spend the amount of time we each want to spend both with eachother and with our families when David is working so much. The more we think about it though, the more we look at eachother and ask, "what have we done? What were we thinking?" But then we laught because we know it will be fun! Lets just hope it doesn't turn out with anyone saying this:

Nobody's walking out on this fun, old-fashioned family Christmas. No, no. We're all in this together. This is a full-blown, four-alarm holiday emergency here. We're gonna press on, and we're gonna have the hap, hap, happiest Christmas since Bing Crosby tap-danced with Danny fucking Kaye. And when Santa squeezes his fat white ass down that chimney tonight, he's gonna find the jolliest bunch of assholes this side of the nuthouse.

Hallelujah! Holy shit! Where's the Tylenol?
Merry Chrismas

No comments:

Post a Comment